What is it?
The Affordable Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. The benefit is available until the program ends, or a household is no longer eligible. At that time the household is subject to the providers regular rates, terms and conditions. If your household is eligible, you can receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals. Only one, non-transferable, monthly Interent service discount is allowed per household.
- Nex-Tech is a participating provider for this program.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- or Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program.
The FCC has announced that consumers can begin applying for and enrolling in the Affordable Connectivity Program on December 31, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note that the information used on the online application must be the EXACT same information provided back to your Internet Subscriber to match your eligibility. Once you complete your online application print or save your approval page with Full Legal Name, Address and Application ID. Once that is completed click here
and fill out the Affordable Connectivity Application for Nex-Tech Service.
Print an application in English or Spanish. Complete the application and send with proof of eligibility to:
ACP Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Current Nex-Tech Lifeline Subscribers
Transfer ACP Benefit
If you are already receiving the ACP benefit from another provider and wish to transfer this benefit to your services with Nex-Tech, please complete this form
You can learn more about the benefit, including eligibility and enrollment information, by visiting www.fcc.gov/acp
, or by calling the ACP Helpline at (877)384-2575.
Consumer Complaints regarding the ACP can be filed at: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov or by calling 888-CALL-FCC (888-225-5322)