Communication Tech I- Salina, KS
Nex-Tech is a thriving broadband and technology company, providing state-of-the-art communication services throughout Kansas and nationwide business technology solutions. Nex-Tech is a Kansas Governor’s Award of Excellence recipient and was founded in 1951 to make life better for our friends and neighbors, our customers, by giving them access to high-speed, high-tech services that some can only dream about.
Our communications technician will Install, maintain, and troubleshoot residential and business Layer 1 distribution and transport plant, Layer 2 transport and access, and customer premise equipment, including fiber optics, wireless equipment, and copper phone lines. Our technicians install and maintain all equipment, as well as providing excellent customer service on every visit. Technicians will also restore buildings and grounds disrupted by service work.
- Knowledge of fiber to the home (FTTH), Wireless, DSL, small phone systems, PBX, and premises wiring standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot communications equipment, including fault finding, customer premise inside wiring, modems, antennas, and fiber terminals.
- Ability to splice copper/fiber associated with installation and repair of customer equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- Ability to read/interpret documents such as maps, blueprints, staking sheets, etc.
- Must obtain and maintain a Kansas driver’s license.
- Employee must live in Salina