Audio/Video Editor – Hays, KS / Hybrid-Remote
Nex-Tech is a broadband and technology company that connects thousands of people and businesses through a robust fiber network. We deliver the highest quality internet, with speeds up to 1 Gig, streaming TV, home security, and local and long-distance phone service. Nex-Tech also provides an array of enterprise solutions including cloud services, Hosted PBX, network security, managed IT, physical security and surveillance, advertising solutions, and network operations monitoring to business clients nationwide. Nex-Tech focuses on providing our customers the best technology and support with the best people and has been doing so for more than 70 years.
Our Audio/Video Editor is responsible for filming a variety of audio and video assets for Nex-Tech Marketing and Nex-Tech Creative clients. Oversees set design and set up. Responsible for live streaming events including filming and research prior to event. Directs actors and participants in video and audio productions. Responsible for production of company meetings. Assists with editing production content.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in customer service and customer relations.
- Knowledge of video production, engineering, and industry trends.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple work assignments.
- Ability to complete work accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Skill in using general computer programs such as database, word processing, spreadsheet, and drawing and photo illustration software.
- Skill in using various media programs for video editing, script writing, local channel management, video encoding, local video-on-demand, project management, and file transfer and maintenance programs.
- Skill in operating various types of media equipment, such as production editing equipment, television, video camera, tripod, lighting, audio equipment and audio/video cabling.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred in video production, cinematography, graphic design, Journalism, Marketing, or related field and three years of video production or related experience.
- Consistent Training and Mentoring
- Great Work Environment
- Health Insurance Options, including Company HSA Contribution
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Savings Plan Options, with Company Match
Interested applicants may submit an online application at www.nex-tech.com/careers and send current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Nex-Tech is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.38 – $28.55 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
Hays, KS 67601: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Final Cut Pro: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work Location: Hybrid remote in Hays, KS 67601