Nex-Tech Advises Residents to be Wary of Door-to-Door Salespeople in the Area
Nex-Tech has received multiple reports of door-to-door salespeople throughout the area that are referencing
Nex-Tech or implying they are associated with Nex-Tech. The reports have varied from caller to caller. In one example in Hays, the salesperson said he represented Nex-Tech, Eagle and Dish Network. It is believed he was with a satellite dish company. Another customer in Smith Center reported that the salesman told her he was with a local construction company. When Nex-Tech contacted the construction company, it confirmed it is not conducting door-to-door visits. Callers have also said that the salespeople are not wearing a uniform, driving a company vehicle or showing identification.
Nex-Tech would like to inform residents it is not conducting door-to-door sales in any of its communities and staff will never approach homes without official credentials and identification. This includes company vehicles, clothing with the Nex-Tech logo or name or carrying a Nex-Tech identification badge. Additionally, Nex-Tech does not hire outside firms for sales efforts.
Below are some safety tips from the Kansas Consumer Protection Division regarding door-to-door sales.
- Never let a salesperson into your home unless you are sure of who they are and why they are there.
- Ask to see their peddler’s license, if it is required by your local city or county government.
- Ask for written information on the company and salesperson and take plenty of time to read it and shop around, rather than making a purchasing decision
on-the-spot. A legitimate salesperson will be happy to leave their business card and come back if you decide to make a purchase.
- If the salesperson says it is a special deal for “today only,” it’s probably too good to be true.
- Never pay for door-to-door purchases with cash. When possible, use a credit card, which will allow you to cancel or dispute the charge.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, Nex-Tech customers can call 888-565-3200 to speak to customer care.