Scholarships: Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
To Apply: Complete the application form on this page, submit your story following the guidelines listed below, and include two letters of recommendation from school staff or community/religious leaders supporting your performance and achievements in school and community projects.
Eligibility: This scholarship program is open to high school seniors living in households whose parents or legal guardians receive at least one Nex-Tech residential or business service, (Landline Phone, Internet, or Cable TV) excluding any Nex-Tech Wireless service.
Your Story: Submit a brief presentation to showcase your passion. We suggest a maximum of 10 slides for presentations, 1,000 words for essays (can include pictures), and 5 minutes for video.
Acceptable media options:
- Adobe PDF
- YouTube Video
- Google Docs
Presentations will be judged on grammar, syntax, and spelling accuracy. Your presentation can be saved and submitted as a link, saved to a USB or DVD, or printed (whatever you prefer). We are not concerned about class rank, grades, or other forms of scholastic/athletic achievement. We just want to know about you, your passion, and how that has led to your chosen career.
To get you started, here are some examples of what we have in mind:
- Say you love shop classes. You are proud of several woodworking and welding projects. You decide you are going to take pictures of each project and showcase those in a PowerPoint presentation, complete with captions that tell a short story about what the pictures are and how they represent you and the career you plan to pursue.
- You are passionate about children and plan to be a social worker or teacher. You spend time reading to kids at the library or in the grade school and have someone take pictures or a video of you reading to the students. You share why this is important to you and how it has prepared you for the future.
- You love art and have completed a variety of projects throughout high school. You showcase those through pictures or video and describe how they have contributed to your future plans.
- You aren’t sure what you plan to go into yet, but you love to serve others. You have been active in youth groups, so you provide examples of how your experiences in those groups have made you who you are today and hope to be tomorrow.
These are just examples. Really, the sky’s the limit. We want you to use your own creativity in sharing your story with us. After all, it’s all about… YOU!
How to Submit Your Application and Presentation:
Option 1: Electronically complete the application form on this page, attach your presentation (document or link) and both letters of recommendations, and click Submit.
With Option 2 or 3 below, you will still complete and submit the application form on this page, without attaching any supporting documents.
Option 2: Mail or use UPS/FedEx service to send your presentation on USB, DVD or printed media, and both letters of recommendation to:
Nex-Tech Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 158 (mail)
145 N. Main (UPS/FedEx)
Lenora, KS 67645
The Nex-Tech Scholarship Committee will announce recipients by April 5, 2019. The ten applicants selected to receive a scholarship will be contacted by a scholarship committee member. Non-winning applicants will not be contacted.
1. Application. 2. Presentation. 3. Two Letters of Recommendation.
February 4, 2019, by close of business. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you have any questions or would like to verify eligibility, please contact: